Our Mission is to provide a humanitarian services campus of nonprofit organizations that offer hope, opportunity and empowerment.
Our Vision is to be a welcoming, collaborative, spiritual environment, robust with idea sharing and opportunities for synergy and powerful service delivery, where people can easily navigate resources, referrals, and direct services.
Title: Community Outreach Coordinator
Reports to: Harrelson Center Executive Director
Job Status: Part time with expected start date in March 2018 - 20 hours/week (approximately 12 office hours set & 8 hours flexible in field)
Salary Range: $16,000-$20,000
Job Description: A liaison and information specialist educating and engaging our community, Harrelson Center Partners, clients and neighbors, and volunteers of the Center for centralized and efficient collaboration.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive and innovative community outreach plan annually
- Connect Partners to resources we provide and community opportunities that can help meet some of their needs
- Create and organize Partner educational meetings and community resource networking events
- Engage and educate the community about the mission and vision of the Harrelson Center, levels of partnership available and campus events and services
- Target nonprofit partners, community partners, business resources and events that can further the HC mission and vision and invite potential partnerships to tour HC and build strategic relationships
- Work with Communication & Marketing Specialist and Development Director to promote HC, partner, and community events
- Work with Help Hub Director to compile resources and guide HH Director to referrals on campus and in community
- Assist in establishing Welcome Center and Navigation for Partners and visitors and training volunteer Navigators
- Operate as staff liaison on Community Outreach Committee working with Chair to set agenda, schedule meetings, and ensure minutes are recorded and shared with committee and Board.
- Coordinate HC Monthly Tours first Tuesday at 11 and private tours as needed
- Recruit and train volunteers and interns
- Bachelor degree in Sociology, Communications or related fields
- Knowledge of nonprofit community
- Experience in community outreach, organizing and engagement
- Working collaboratively with staff, partners, community, and volunteers
- Attending monthly staff meetings first Tuesday at noon or as scheduled
- Attending quarterly Board meeting and Community Outreach committee meetings
- Self-starter with ability to manage time effectively.
- Positive worker, willing to take initiative, detail and deadline oriented
- Prepared to represent Harrelson Center to the public, media, partners, donors and those that use the services of the Center.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with PowerPoint and a data base software and/or Salesforce helpful
- Administration and organizational skills
Qualified applicants should send resume and cover letter to email@example.com by February 19, 2018.