Title: Marketing & Communications Specialist (Part-time)
Description: The Marketing and Communications Specialist is responsible for all internal and external communication for the Jo Ann Carter Harrelson Center, a nonprofit campus with centralized humanitarian services.
• Design and Distribute e-newsletters based on events and PR Plan developed with Director
• Collect information from Partners for monthly Partner E-Newsletter and “Partner of the Month”
• Act as Staff Liaison to Board of Director’s Partner Committee
• Maintain Harrelson Center Website
• Post news releases, community calendar listings and public service announcements
• Schedule social media for Harrelson Center and Partner as needed (minimum three times per week), including Facebook ad design and implementation
• Work with the Development Director to design materials for donor appreciation, donor campaigns, fundraisers, and sponsorships including invitations, t-shirts, signage, posters, etc.
• Design and execute printing of Harrelson Center and Help Hub brochures, building signage, letterhead and business materials, and marketing materials as needed
• Manage production of all videos
• Work with the Executive Director to create and implement marketing and public relations and awareness plans that coordinate with the Center’s mission, vision, and goals
• Other tasks as directed
• Bachelor Degree in communications, marketing, public relations or related field.
• Proficient in Adobe Design Creative Suite, Constant Contact and Social Media Software – Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, and Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint,.
• Website Management and Maintenance
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills as well as Creative Design skills.
• Must be a positive worker, willing to take initiative, extremely detail oriented, ability to meet deadlines, exceptionally organized, dependable, have a professional demeanor in representing the Harrelson Center to the public, media, partners, donors and clients.
• Experience in the nonprofit field and knowledge in GiftWorks software is preferred.
Please submit resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 22, 2018. Interviews will be scheduled June 15-29, 2018.
Qualified applicants should send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Our Mission is to provide a humanitarian services campus of nonprofit organizations that offer hope, opportunity and empowerment.
Our Vision is to be a welcoming, collaborative, spiritual environment, robust with idea sharing and opportunities for synergy and powerful service delivery, where people can easily navigate resources, referrals, and direct services.